As a Fund Accountant, you will be responsible for overseeing the accounting and reporting for our funds. You will work closely with other members of the accounting team to ensure that financial statements are accurate and timely. You will also work closely with portfolio managers and other investment professionals to ensure that the funds are managed in accordance with their investment objectives.
- Timely preparation and presentation of
- Annual, Quarterly and Monthly Budget
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual management accounts.
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual variance analysis comparing budget to actual.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating
- Timely processing of payments to vendors
- Compare monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets against actual performance.
- Prepare weekly liquidity reports/cashflow projections.
- Ensure the preparation, remittance and timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and half yearly statutory return to the various regulators.
- Ensure accurate invoices are issued to clients in a timely manner.
- Develop financial reporting templates for newly launched products.
- Provide financial and business insights to the Supervisor.
- Work with the team to understand cost drivers and proactively looking for cost-optimisation
- Ensure the application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures within the
- Support the drive to automation and continuous process improvement.
- Ensure timely completion of the annual audited accounts across various companies and funds
- Liaise with service providers on a timely manner on accounting, regulatory, statutory, and other matters.
- Manage relationships with bankers, regulators, tax officials, consultants, and other relevant
- A minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or any other related discipline.
- ACCA/ACA is required.
- At least 4 years’ experience in fund accounting for an asset management business.
- Applied knowledge of IFRS
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of financial statement, ratios, and analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance-related issues.
- Ability to prioritize
- A team player and goal oriented individual.
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills