Head, Business Development
The role covers three core areas: Marketing, Sales, and Client Relationship Building & Management. The ideal candidate is expected to lead the process of building relationships, selling the products/ services of the Company to prospective clients (private and institutional clients) and managing on-going client relationships.
- Lead the business development/ sales team to achieve the following:
- Identify, develop, and cultivate relationships with private and institutional investors.
- Initiate and follow up on new business opportunities.
- Prepare sales pitches, presentations, and such documents required for client engagement.
- Lead new business meetings and close sales to private and institutional prospects/clients.
- Leverage the organization’s existing relationships by developing and executing proactive creative, and ongoing contact initiatives.
- Build and manage the VAML’s sales team in line with achieving its strategic objectives.
- Support the development and launching of new products.
- Ensure that product and sales materials are updated and focused for the applicable presentation, conference, or opportunity.
- Act as liaison between the Company and Prospective/Existing clients; representing
- Company to Clients and Clients to Company.
- Lead the process of developing sales opportunities.
- Deliver against predetermined sales targets.
- Monitor industry trends and obtain necessary intelligence as inputs to product
- Proactively manage client relationships and monitor the delivery of product/service proposition to client.
- At least 10 years relevant work experience in related field (sales, marketing, business
- development, or other client facing roles, in the financial services industry).
- Experience in leading and managing a sales team within the financial services industry.
- Track record that demonstrates exceptional ability to grow revenue, assets and client
- Demonstrable ability to create sales/ relationship opportunities.
- Broad investment knowledge.
- High achiever with entrepreneurial spirit.